Advantage Caribbean Institute Ltd Affiliate Programme
Terms and Conditions of Use (Download)
By filling out the signup form you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions and that you understand and agree with them.
Joining the Advantage Caribbean Institute Affiliate Program
Membership of our affiliate programme is by application only, your acceptance is not guaranteed and is entirely at our discretion.
By filling out the signup form you are applying to become an affiliate of ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE and upon acceptance you will become bound by the terms of this agreement. Your participation in the program is solely for the purpose of legally advertising our website and products in order to receive a commission on those products purchased by any individual that you have referred.
You must provide your legal full name and/or business name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process for an Affiliate account.
You must be 18 years of age or older to join our affiliate programme.
As an affiliate of ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE you will introduce the ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE website and the products available to purchase thereon to your current and prospective customers and members. In doing so, you will comply with all applicable laws including those that govern email marketing and anti-spam laws. You may only promote ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE and its products in good faith and not in any way that might be considered spam by prospective customers of ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE.
ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE reserves the right to accept or reject any prospective customers at their discretion. When an individual referred to our site by one of your affiliate links completes a purchase, the commission owed to you will be calculated based on the applicable affiliate commission rate (see FAQs) and will be credited to your affiliate account. Payments will be made to you by Paypal (Barbados Dollar in United States Dollars or bank transfer in Barbados Dollars according to the current applicable payment schedule (see FAQs).
As an affiliate of ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE, you must comply with guidelines of search engines on those pages which link to any part of our website. Any “black hat” techniques performed only for the purposes of boosting search engine ranking of your site are prohibited. Examples include the use of hidden text or links, “cloaking”, irrelevant keywords, keyword stuffing or repetition of substantially identical content on multiple pages.
You do not need to invoice ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE for the commission earned as our affiliate programme is operated under a “self billing” arrangement. We will provide you with the necessary paperwork for your records which includes details necessary for you to comply with VAT rules. By applying to become a ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE affiliate, you acknowledge that you are entering in to this self billing arrangement.
Either you or ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE may terminate the Affiliate relationship at any time. You are only eligible to earn Affiliate payments during your time as an approved Affiliate. ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE reserve the right to change the programme terms, policies and operating procedures at any time. You will be notified of any changes and your continuing participation on the programme constitutes your acceptance of these changes.
Becoming an affiliate of ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE means you are entering into a relationship with us as an independent contractor and we will not be liable for indirect or consequential damages arising in connection with this programme. ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE makes no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the programme. We cannot guarantee the service will be uninterrupted or error free but we will attempt to run the programme as smoothly as possible.
Revocation of Affiliate Status
Your affiliate application and status in the programme may be suspended or terminated for reasons including (but not limited to) any of the following:
- Inappropriate advertisements (false claims and/or misleading hyperlinks)
- Spamming (sending mass email other than in newsletters which the recipients have consented to receive)
- Advertising on sites that contain or promote illegal activities
- Advertising on adult sites containing material that might be interpreted as pornographic
- Violation of our (or another party’s) intellectual property rights
- Poor performance – a lack of referrals from your links
- Disclosing your affiliate account login details to anybody else
You may use graphic and text links both on your website and in your newsletter, blog posts or on social media networks. You may not use links in any form of Pay-Per-Click advertising such as Adwords or comparable networks.
When somebody clicks on your affiliate link, a cookie is set in their browser that contains your affiliate tracking details. When this person buys a product, our website will look for this cookie and credit the commission owed to your account. If the individual does not buy on the first visit but makes a purchase at a later date, you will still be rewarded with the applicable commission as long as the cookie is still present. The cookie does eventually expire – see “Affiliate FAQs” for the current lifespan of the affiliate tracking cookies. Commission are only paid on valid referrals. Valid referrals are when an individual voluntarily and knowingly clicks on a tracking link.
Terms of the agreement
This agreement and its terms will begin upon your acceptance on to our affiliate programme and will end when the agreement is terminated. ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE reserve the right to change the programme terms, policies and operating procedures at any time. You will be notified of any changes and your continuing participation on the programme constitutes your acceptance of these changes.
We will not be liable for indirect or accidental damages (loss of revenue/commissions) due to affiliate tracking failure, loss or corruption of database files, or damage resulting from malicious attacks on our website. We do not make any expressed or implied warranties regarding the affiliate program and/or products sold at ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE.
These terms will be governed by the laws of Barbados. Any action relating to these terms must be brought in the courts located in Barbados.
Allowed / Disallowed Practices
- Graphic links are OK but please request graphics from us – you may not link directly to the images on our server – such bandwidth “theft” will result in your affiliate account being deleted.
- Text/graphic links placed in email newsletters are OK, links in mass “spam” emails are not allowed.
- Use of text or graphic links on your website is OK provided your website meets the criteria mentioned in the “Revocation of Affiliate Status” section on these terms.
- Use of text and/or graphic links in blog/forum posts is OK provided that the post is created by a human being and not by automated software. The blog or forum in question must not be of an “Adults Only” nature (pornographic) or in any way promote illegal or unethical practices.
- Your presentation of links must not imply in any way that we are any other business or website. You may not “piggy back” on somebody else’s business or brand name in order to refer visitors to our site.
- Links (graphic/text or otherwise) must not be used in any kind of Pay-Per-Click advertising programme.
- You must act in good faith at all times and must not engage in any activity designed to artificially boost your affiliate commission.
- Links used to refer visitors to our site must be used in a context that refers to ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE, ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE and our products in a positive light. For example it is not OK to say “Buy from ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE, they are so stupid they will give you any discount you ask for.” or “ ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE are cheap but their service is poor” even if the link successfully refers visitors to our site.
- Affiliates are not permitted to use the brand “ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE“, even in a modified spelling, as part of a domain or subdomain.
- Affiliates are not permitted to load the ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE website in an i-Frame.
- You must not use technology that attempts to intercept or divert Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website.
- You must only use linking code generated within your ADVANTAGE CARIBBEAN INSTITUTE affiliate account and without manipulation.
- You must not use redirects to give the appearance that a click came from a domain that it did not originate from.
- From time to time we distribute promotion codes and discount codes.
- You must not promote these codes without first seeking permission
- permission from us.
Please direct questions about our affiliate programme to us at ContactUs@advantagecaribbean.com