Duration: 1 day
You will work with advanced functions and formulas, as well as lookup functions such as VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX. In addition, students will learn about data validation, and will use advanced data filtering. Students will apply advanced chart formatting options, and create more complex charts. They will work with PivotTables and PivotCharts, export and import data, and query external databases. Students will learn about the analytical features of Excel, such as Goal Seek, and how to create scenarios.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use IF and IFERROR functions
- Use VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions in concert with the MATCH and INDEX functions
- Validate cell data and use advanced filtering tools to focus data
- Create and format charts
- Create Pivot Tables/Charts
- Export/Import data to/from other MS Office® compatible formats
- Use the Goal Seek utility
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge, such as keyboard and mouse skills.
- Basic file-management skills. The student should know how to navigate to folders and files on a computer running Windows 7.
- Participants for this MUST have already completed levels 1 and 2, and or have adequate working knowledge of Excel including knowing how to quickly navigate worksheets/workbooks, create range names and filter data. This courses assumes that ALL participants have that grounded information in the use of Microsoft Excel.
This course is designed for persons who are able to create and modify worksheets and workbooks in Microsoft Excel 2016, but need to know how to create or modify documents using advanced tools and efficiency procedures. It also aims to assist persons preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist exams for Microsoft Excel 2016.