Duration: 2 days
In this course, students will be introduced to ASP.NET Web development using ASP.NET Web Forms and supporting Microsoft technologies.This course focuses more on server-side programming and data access/management rather than client-side programming. AJAX is covered at a beginner level. Additional Web development models such as Silverlight and ASP.NET MVC are demonstrated for students but will not be covered in any significant detail.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This course provides knowledge and skills on developing Web applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Ability to construct a simple Web page using a Microsoft or 3rd Party tool. For example, create or customize a Web Page on a SharePoint site.
At Course Completion
- Explore ASP.NET Web applications in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Create Web applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft .NET–based languages.
- Create a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form.
- Add functionality to a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Form.
- Implement master pages and user controls.
- Validate user input.
- Debug Microsoft ASP.NET Web applications.
- Manage data in an ASP.NET 3.5 Web application.
- Manage data access tasks by using LINQ.
- Manage data by using ASP.NET Dynamic Data.
- Create a Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX application.
- Consume and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services.
- Manage state in Web applications.
- Configure and deploy a Microsoft ASP.NET Web application.
- Secure a Microsoft ASP.NET Web application.
- Implement new technologies supported by Visual Studio 2010 for Web development.