Duration: 2 days
- 1,250.00 BBD excl. Tax Exempt
The lab scenarios in this course are selected to support and demonstrate the structure of various application scenarios. They are intended to focus on the principles and coding components/structures that are used to establish an HTML5 software application.
This course uses Visual Studio 2012, running on Windows 8.
This course is intended for students who have the following experience:
- 1 month experience creating Windows client applications
- 1 month of experience using Visual Studio 2010 or 2012
This course is not intended for developers with three or more months of HTML5 coding experience.
Students choosing to attend this course without a developer background should pay special attention to the training prerequisites. Developers who have more than 5 years programming experience may find that portions of this training are fundamental in nature when presenting the syntax associated with certain programming tasks.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.