Duration: 1 day
In today’s workplace, visual diagrams are an essential part of communication, from road maps to sales flows to process charts. Microsoft Visio provides you with an intuitive, customizable tool to easily create a professional-looking visual product by using its extensive gallery of shapes. By following the exercises in this course, you will create visually engaging diagrams, maps, and drawings, using graphical elements to make information easier to comprehend.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
In this course, you will design, modify, and manage basic diagrams. You will:
- Identify the basic elements of Visio and their use.
- Create a workflow diagram.
- Build organization charts.
- Design a floor plan.
- Build a cross-functional flowchart.
- Design a network diagram.
- Style a diagram.
Getting Started with Visio 2016
- New Features in Visio 2016
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
- Perform Basic Tasks in the Visio Environment
- Use Backstage Commands
- Save a File
- File Formats
Working with Workflow Diagram Tools
- Use Drawing Components
- Modify a Drawing
- Insert Callouts and Groups
- Building Organization Charts
- Create an Organization Chart Manually
- Create Organization Charts by Using Starter Diagrams
- Organization Chart Wizard
- Create an Organizational Chart from Excel Worksheet
- Modify an Organization Chart
Designing a Floor Plan
- Make a Basic Floor Plan
- Model a Room Layout
Building a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
- Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
Designing a Network Diagram
- Create Network Diagrams
- Use Shape Data
- Use Layers
- Styling a Diagram
- Modify Shape and Connector Styles
- Apply Themes and Variants
- Use Containers
This course is designed for persons who are new to Visio and who will be using Visio to create basic workflows and perform end-to-end flowcharting. Some persons falling into this category could be HR Professionals as well as IT professionals. Interior Designers will also benefit from this course.
To ensure your success, you will need to be familiar with using personal computers, including a mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows 8 environment and proficient in using Windows to access programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders.