Duration: 3 days, 6 Sessions
The PMI-ACP Certification Preparation training course will thoroughly prepare Agile practitioners to sit for and pass the PMI-ACP exam through instructor-led presentations, class discussions, games, exercises, and practice exams. The course is aligned with the PMI-ACP Exam Content Outline (ECO) and provides everything needed to pass the exam
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
- The Exam Experience
- Agile Principles and Mindset
- Value-Driven Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Performance
- Adaptive Planning
- Problem Detection and Resolution
- Continuous Improvement
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the prerequisites for exam application
- Apply for the exam (all 21 contact hours earned in class)
- Adequately prepare for the PMI-ACP® exam
- Successfully sit for the PMI-ACP® exam
- Understand the domains and tasks defined within the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner framework:
o Domain I: Agile Principles and Mindset
o Domain II: Value-Driven Delivery
o Domain III: Stakeholder Engagement
o Domain IV: Team Performance
o Domain V: Adaptive Planning
o Domain VI: Problem Detection and Resolution
o Domain VII: Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People)
- Understand the tools and techniques defined within the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner framework. Below is a small sample of the many tools and techniques covered:
- Product roadmap
- Relative sizing
- Affinity estimating
- Information radiators
- Emotional intelligence
- Definition of Done (DoD)
- Burn charts
- Minimal Viable Products (MVPs)
- And many more…
- Understand the knowledge and skills defined within the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner framework. Below is a small sample of the many covered:
- Agile values and principles
- Agile methods and approaches
- Building agile teams
- And many more…
Participants in this course should meet the test eligibility requirements:
- General Project Experience:
- 2,000 hours working on project teams (hours must be earned within the past 5 years; active PMP® or PgMP® satisfies this requirement).
- Agile Project Experience:
- 1,500 working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies (hours must be earned within the past 3 years and are in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience).
- Training in Agile Practices:
- 21 contact hours (hours must be earned in agile practices; this course satisfies all 21 contact hours).
While not a prerequisite for this course, participants would find it extremely helpful to have taken an agile fundamentals course.
This course is for candidates meeting the prerequisites to sit for the PMI-ACP® exam and aspiring to that credential.